There are no announcements
Autumn 2011 (Monday, October 10 to Friday, December 16)
No prerequisites information is available yet.
- Lecture 1: Examples of dynamical systems
- Lecture 2: Uniform distribution mod 1
- Lecture 3: Invariant measures and measure-preserving transformations
- Lecture 4: Ergodicity and mixing
- Lecture 5: Recurrence. Birkhoff's Ergodic Theorem
- Lecture 6: Topological dynamics
- Lecture 7: Entropy, information, and the isomorphism problem
- Lecture 8: Thermodynamic formalism
- Lecture 9: Applications of thermodynamic formalism: (i) Bowen's formula for Hausdorff dimension, (ii) central limit theorems.
- Lecture 10: The geodesic flow on compact surfaces of constant negative curvature
No bibliography has been specified for this course.
No assessment information is available yet.
Take-home test for MAGIC010
|Deadline:|| Friday 20 January 2012 (2038.2 days ago)|
Answer any 4 of the 7 questions. Each question is worth 25 marks.
Files marked L are intended to be displayed on the main screen
Please log in to view lecture recordings.